...and party everyday!
Rockin' n'rollin' and partyin' was what happened at the 3rd Annual Fundraising Dinner & Dance on November 17, 2012 at Continental Seafood Restaurant.
This being St. Anthony's Parish's third dinner and dance, the hardworking fundraising committee has the formula for a good time down pat:
Good food + Good people + Good music = Good times!
Keeping the festivities on track was emcee extraordinaire Jerrica Santos*. Jerrica is an accomplished pop recording artist from Vancouver and it definitely showed. Her enthusiasm right off the bat set the tone for a high-energy night. The songs Jerrica treated the crowd with included Adele's "Rolling in the Deep", Whitney Houston's "I Wanna Dance with Somebody", and "Hopelessly Devoted to You" from Grease.
|MC Jerrica Santos electrified the room with her singing.|
The choir's spirited performance charmed the crowd. The choir sang:
"Rock and Roll Is Here To Stay". Words and music by David White, arranged by Mac Huff.
"The Nicest Kids in Town" from the movie "Hairspray". Music by Marc Shaiman. Lyrics by Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman. Arranged by Alan Billingsley.
|St. Anthony's School Choir couldn't wait to rock out.|
|Conductor Miss Tovarova rallied the choir from the doo-waps to the shoo-waps.|
|Camille Crisologo sang “Common, Simple, Beautiful” by Jessica Chung.|
|Angela Nebalasca sang “I Have Nothing” by Whitney Houston.|
1. The Reason - Original Composition of Psalm 98 Music Ministry
2. Hosanna - Hillsong United
3. Yours - Steven Curtis Chapman
4. From This Moment - Shania Twain
5. I’ll Be There - Mariah Carey
|The sweet harmonies of Psalm 98 impressed the audience.|
Wait! There's more! There were prizes!
|Jorge won the Sharp 42" TV in the lucky draw!|
|The 50/50 winner won a whopping $1000! Wow!|
And there were lots of goodies to bid on at the silent auction table. Thank you to the companies, organizations and individuals who donated the items (and thank you to those who successfully bid!)
|The silent auction was a good opportunity to start Christmas shopping!|
Thank you to the donors of the silent auction items:
- Unique Jewellery (8288 Granville St., Vancouver) for donating a set of black pearl earrings and necklace, a black pearl brooch, a set of white pearl earrings and necklace, a Swarovski heart pendant, and a Swarovski heart bracelet.
- AquaTerra Beauty and Wellness Spa (1169 56 St., St #100, Delta) for donating an AquaTerra Beauty and Wellness Spa gift basket.
- Marriott Airport Hotel (7571 Westminster Hwy., Richmond) for donating two vouchers for a Weekend night for two and breakfast for two.
- Harry White of Natural Golf for donating a Taste of BC gift basket.
- Nuestro Day Spa (8073 Granville St., Vancouver) for donating four $25 gift certificates.
- Fazio Foods for donating a Sunpic gift basket.
- Jean Scully for donating a Lagavulin Single Islay Malt Whisky, a bottle of Armani Code Perfume, and a gift basket of Starbucks coffee mugs and coffee.
- Hadi Susanto for donating a photo frame.
- Fr. Mario for donating a Roots overnight leather bag, Luxardo Amaretto and a Nordstrom cookbook.
Thank you to the guests, sponsors and entertainers! And as always, the biggest thank you goes to the fundraising committee and other planning volunteers - it was another great event.
Click the image below to view the full souvenir programme that our guests went home with. Maybe you'll see yourself in one of the many photos. Or maybe you'll see an advertisement from a generous business or organization from the community. Please have a look inside!
Thank you to the sponsors/advertisers of the souvenir programme:
- Elise Yu, Multiple Realty Ltd.
- James Wu, Riverside Mortgage Group
- Rolando Tayag, Gold Key
- Sylvia Wong Kastak, Dzi Beed Puppies
- Emma Isaac, SMG Advisors Inc.
- Dr. Gianni Pisanu, Granville Dental Wellness Group
- Sweet Chili Restaurant
- Howard Chan, Main Realty Ltd.
- Dr. Corinne Knight, Marpole Optometry Clinic
- Niki Trading Ltd., Floral Distributors
- Vintage Violins
- Ruben Lighting & Building Maintenance
- Leonard Chan, Perceptus Solutions, Inc.
- Sampaguita Travel
- Catholic Women's League of Canada of St. Anthony’s
- Knights of Columbus of St. Anthony’s
- Sea Horse Mattresses
- The many friends and families of St. Anthony's Parish community
Click the photo album below for a larger view. Thank you Geevey for taking the great photos!
*Jerrica Santos' biography:
Jerrica Santos is an R&B pop recording artist from Vancouver. She is already an accomplished singer, songwriter, musician and professional Polynesian dancer and has received her ARCT Royal Conservatory of Music Diploma for Piano. Aside from her musical talents, Jerrica is also a Bachelor of Science in Genetics graduate of UBC and has been accepted to the Doctorate of Optometry program in the New England College of Optometry in Boston, Massachusetts, US. Drawing on her love of soul and R&B, her singing style is most influenced by the likes of Alicia Keys, Mariah Carey, and Beyonce.
Jerrica is best known for placing in the Top 32 finalists during the 2004 season of Canadian Idol. This past summer, she became the Runner Up at the 2012 PNE Star Showdown winning $2000 Cash and $15,000 in scholarships to the New Image College of Arts. In the summer of 2011, Jerrica's electrifying performances allowed her to become the Grand Canadian Karaoke Champion and went on to represent Canada at the World Karaoke Championships in Killarney, Ireland where she became the 2nd runner up and gained international recognition. She was also honored to be chosen to sing the Canadian National Anthem at the unveiling of the countdown clock for the 2010 Winter Olympic Games in Vancouver. She has performed in Japan, South Korea, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Hawaii, throughout Canada and the USA and at various local charities.
You can find her music and videos on her website www.jerricasantos.com.
**Psalm 98's biography:
Psalm 98 is a music ministry comprised of youth from different parishes within the Archdiocese of Vancouver. The goal of Psalm 98 is for them to devote their time, talent and treasure to follow Christ, to actively live the faith and to be in communion with the Catholic Church. Their pastoral work includes feeding the homeless, raising money to help the poor during Christmas time, and helping parishes raise funds for various causes. In 2008, they were invited to perform at World Youth Day in Sydney, Australia and in 2011 they were chosen out of 500 applicants from all over the world to perform at World Youth Day in Madrid, Spain. The choir director is Maribel Agunod.
You can check them out on myspace: Psalm 98 on myspace
Posted by: Adrienne Chan